Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
You will be a front-end game developer working on a relatively small but powerful team of talented and motivated specialists. You will be in charge of prototyping, developing, and implementing features in our game, as well as maintaining and updating the game after launch.
- Developing new features using Unreal Engine 4 (both Blueprints and C++)
- Writing clean code (optimized, scalable, well-documented)
- Helping other colleagues and working together with them to solve technical challenges, to achieve the best results
Note: Our product is an always-online mobile game that combines real-time gameplay with live shows. The product is based on Unreal Engine 4. Some of the back-end platforms we use are AWS (Amazon Web Services) and PlayFab.
WHO YOU ARE
Please apply if you can identify yourself in these criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the gaming industry
- A minimum of 3 years of recent professional experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Vast knowledge and work experience in C++
- Recent professional experience in the development of mobile applications with constant back-end communication
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form)
- Experience in Tool Development and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with video streaming technologies
- Computer Science degree/education (advantage)
- Professional, strong communicator, team-oriented and self-aware
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
>YES / NO