Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experience from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realise the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
We are looking for an experienced and visionary concept artist who can create conceptual artwork that defines the style, look and feel of our games as well as inspire team members to produce the best-looking worlds, props, characters, and overall visuals possible.
- Creating conceptual designs for environments, props, characters, visual effects, logos, paintovers, storyboards, color and lighting compositions
- Working closely with designers, the art director, and others to create inspirational and functional conceptual designs for both internal and external production
- Assisting in the creation and/or gathering of marketing and promotional art assets
- Review and provide feedback on work produced by in-house and external artists, in association with the art director and other team members
WHO YOU ARE
As a concept artist, you will maintain your own artistic skills, inspire creativity and keep a high-quality bar with hands-on concept design, please apply if you can identify yourself in these criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent relevant game development experience, with at least one published title
- A solid understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines. The ability to work in 3D applications such as Blender, Maya, ZBrush, or Max (in order to quickly block out or iterate on scenes or other types of production assets) would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with how 3D games are created, and basic knowledge of how 3D software works.
- Strong aesthetic eye and understanding of multiple visual media and techniques.
- Exceptional skills in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, color theory, architecture and lighting.
- Well-developed visual communication skills in order to clarify and explain what the art production team needs to create.
- Ability to create tangible, production-ready conceptual artwork within a defined set of technical restrictions (i.e. real-time rendering on mid-end mobile devices, etc)
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form).
- Familiarity with graphic design and typography would be preferred.
- A passion for games, animation, and VFX.
- Professional, strong communicator, team-oriented and self-aware.
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
>YES / NO