Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experience from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realise the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
We are looking for an exceptional VFX Artist / CG Generalist who has the skillset and experience required in order to create cutting-edge visual effects in Unreal for mobile and high-end AAA productions. The role requires a solid technical foundation and demonstrable generalist skills in related areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, shader authoring, and Unreal blueprints.
- Creating and implementing real-time particle effects and animated shaders in Unreal
- Handling all elements pertaining to VFX creation, including 3D modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, and asset optimization to allow for smooth real-time performance
- Contributing to art-related areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, set dressing, and performance optimization for high-end VR and mobile platforms
- Working closely with the art director, game designers, programmers, and other members of the team to conceptualize and materialize new visual effects and other graphic elements, from prototype to final implementation
WHO YOU ARE
The role requires a solid technical foundation and demonstrable generalist skill-set; please apply if you can identify yourself in these criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent relevant professional experience in game development.
- A solid understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines.
- Deep familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and its relevant systems, particularly:
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal’s Cascade and Niagara particle systems.
- Experience in scripting with Unreal Blueprints.
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation, and a high degree of flexibility, with the ability to adopt a generalist mindset and work independently across multiple related disciplines when needed.
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form).
- Experience using Blender for 3D asset creation is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop, and similar software, is an advantage.
- The ability to create conceptual images/sketches or animations for visual effects and other types of assets is an advantage.
- A passion for games and animation.
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
>YES / NO