Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experience from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realise the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
You will be responsible for the project management of externally developed games from identification of need through completion of work. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with the external development partners that work with PortalOne on the development of our flagship product “PortalOne Arcade.”
In this role, you will collaborate with Project Managers and project leads by performing the following duties:
Project management of external deliverables:
- Create specification documents for all external deliveries, and work with the internal production team and leads as required.
- Validate estimates for the work to be done based on design and production specifications, concept art, tools, and workflows.
- Actively coordinate with and monitor the progress of PortalOne partners to ensure roadmaps are delivered on time, within budget, and at the highest level of excellence.
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Evaluate and assess the final product according to specifications.
- Post engagement, facilitate post-mortems, documentation, and distribution of best practices and re-engagement recommendations.
Communications and Business Development:
- Work with the internal production team and team leads to determine how to allocate deliverables.
- Act as the single point of contact for external partners - create and maintain regular virtual meetings with each partner to review progress and initiate new work streams.
- Coordinate information and updates with accountable partners within and outside PortalOne, as well as help, predict issues and troubleshoot.
- Seek opportunities to develop new partnerships with high-quality external developers.
- Collaborate to maintain an outsource database tracking supplier projects, scorecards, and contact information.
WHO YOU ARE
As this is a dynamic, business-critical role, and we see that you need to have experience working with outsourcing partners; please apply if you have:
- Several years of experience in production roles within a game studio, with direct responsibility for external partners' relationships and production management; OR an experienced professional in games development that would like to transition to managing a team of outsourced studios.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders both inside and outside the company
- Working proficiency in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to view issues holistically, and the insight to see connections between disciplines in order to plan effectively and help predict issues
- Familiarity with G-Suite and project management software (e.g., Jira)
- Determined and self-motivated
- Comfortable dealing with pressure and setbacks
- Confident in adapting and responding to change
- Committed to quality
- Team-focused; someone with an interest in the work and well-being of others
- Highly motivated and the capacity to learn new skills, use new tools, and meet new people
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
>Yes / No