Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experience from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realise the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
As a technical animator, you will be responsible for bringing our characters, creatures, and animation assets to life through classic animation principles. You will contribute to developing a solid animation system across our game and studio productions. You will strongly influence our avatar system and help define critical systems supporting a diverse set of game mechanics in our productions.
You will collaborate with a small but mighty team of talented and motivated developers and artists to expand our current content pipeline and develop new features and technologies. Your challenge is to:
- 3D animation of real-time game assets, rigging, weight painting, and asset implementation
- Assist in establishing a solid technical animation pipeline
- Provide technical assistance and give instructions to other animators, where necessary
- Communicate efficiently with programmers regarding animation systems and game mechanics
- Ensuring that work follows established quality standards, technical specifications, artistic direction, and project deadlines
- Work with the art team to reinforce animation style and technical requirements across all aspects of development
- Implementation of 3rd party vendor assets in-game, including troubleshooting and animation polish when necessary
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development leveraging relevant skills for the position
- Demonstrable understanding of 3D animation within a game development environment
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and animation blueprints
- Enjoy working creatively in close collaboration with designers and programmers.
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form)
- Strong knowledge of core animation principles, preferably experience using Blender for animation, or willingness to adopt Blender as the primary animation tool (training will be provided)
- Experience working alongside outsourcing studios for animation needs is a plus
- Familiarity with motion capture processes is an advantage
- Some experience in FX and particle systems
- Soft Skills (Professionalism, Communication, Teamwork, Self-Awareness, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
>YES / NO