3D CHARACTER ARTIST
Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
Join our passionate development team as a 3D Character Artist, where you will play a crucial role in bringing our hybrid games to life through the creation of unique and memorable characters for cross platform games, ranging from AAA high-end PC to mobile. With your expertise in 3D modeling, texturing, and rigging, you will join us to create visually stunning and impactful stylised and semi-realistic characters that engage our players by bringing our games to life.
Your work will have a direct influence on the development of our products and bring our hybrid games to life by:
- Creating (AAA) production quality stylised and semi-realistic 3D character models for cross platform, including modeling, and texturing characters in a way that accurately represents the game's vision and style.
- Collaborating with game designers, artists, and animators to ensure characters are integrated seamlessly into the game environment.
- Stay current on the latest 3D modeling techniques and technologies and continually seek opportunities to improve the quality of character designs.
- Working with cross-functional teams, such as game design and programming, to ensure that character designs align with the company’s vision and branding.
WHO YOU ARE
A successful applicant should have a generalist mindset, be willing to learn and experiment with new skills and be able to venture outside your artistic comfort zone. If you have a strong portfolio showcasing your 3D character modeling skills, experience in creating characters for video games, and meet the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply!
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience within 3D character creation for the game industry.
- A minimum of 1 published game title on your resumé, excluding solo-dev or student projects.
- Ability to create full-stack (modeling, texturing, shading) real-time 3D character assets of high visual quality following industry standard workflows.
Be well-versed in the creation of both high-end real-time assets, as well as mobile art assets.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and 5.
- Possess basic knowledge of character rigging and animation.
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form).
- Experience working with Blender is preferred, but not mandatory if the candidate is willing to adapt to Blender character workflows. In-house training can be provided if needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively receive and incorporate feedback.
- A proactive approach to self-improvement and a drive to continuously learn and grow.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
>YES / NO
- Oslo Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
3D CHARACTER ARTIST
Loading application form
Already working at PortalOne?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.