Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
Join our creative team as a Concept Artist and help us bring the exciting worlds of the PortalOne universe to life. You will be responsible for providing the team with creative illustrations as well as production artwork, including, character designs, environment and object exploration, paint overs, storyboards, colour and lighting compositions. Your ability to inspire and motivate the team to produce exceptional worlds, props, characters, and overall visuals will be crucial to the success of our projects.
Bring our games to life by conceptualizing and designing a wide range of characters, creatures, environments, and other elements using your exceptional talent and passion for the games industry by:
- Working with the Art Director to develop concept artwork that defines the overall look and art style for the games.
- Developing concepts and designs, including environments, props, characters, visual effects, logos, paintovers, storyboards, color, and lighting compositions.
- Working with the game development team to ensure the concepts and designs are functional and feasible for the game engine.
- Reviewing and providing constructive feedback to both in-house artists and external outsourcing partners to ensure the artwork aligns with the desired style, look and feel of the concepts and the game and inspires the team to produce high-quality visuals.
- Creating promotional and marketing art if needed.
- Continually seeking opportunities to improve your skills and techniques, staying up to date with the latest game industry trends.
WHO YOU ARE
Join our creative team as a Concept Artist and bring your exceptional talent and passion for the games industry to the table. If you have a strong portfolio showcasing your concept art skill and game industry experience and meet the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply!
- A strong portfolio showcasing a proven track record of creating stylized, semi-realistic conceptual artwork for video games or related media.
- A minimum of 3 years of game industry experience.
- A minimum of 1 published game title on your resumé, not including solo-dev or student projects.
- Demonstrable experience creating tangible, production-ready conceptual artwork within a defined set of technical restrictions (i.e. ranging from AAA high-end devices to real-time rendering on mid-end mobile devices, etc).
- A solid understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines.
- Experience in guiding production artists and providing mentorship to junior artists.
- Exceptional skills in art fundamentals such as anatomy, composition, color theory, architecture, and lighting.
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain positive relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to in-house artists and external outsourcing partners and effectively manage the review process.
READY TO APPLY?
Make sure to submit a full resume with portfolio samples to be considered for this position. Ideally, your portfolio should include a selection of samples that are relevant to PortalOne’s existing branding and vision.