BACK-END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced back-end Software Engineer to join our team in the games industry, with a focus on scalability. The back-end Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing the server-side logic and infrastructure that supports the development and operation of games, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that the systems are able to scale to support millions of live active players. This role will involve working closely with game developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems are reliable, scalable, and efficient.
Join our dynamic team as a back-end Software Engineer and take our games platform to the next level as we scale. With the challenge of supporting millions of requests per second, you'll have the opportunity to ensure the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our back-end systems and make a significant impact on our success by:
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and resilient distributed systems.
Integrate with third-party APIs and services as needed.
- Collaborate with game developers and other stakeholders to ensure that the back-end systems meet the needs of the organization.
- Continuously improve the back-end systems to ensure maximum reliability, scalability, and efficiency, with a particular focus on supporting millions of live active players.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with the back-end systems, and take corrective action as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
If you have experience with and a strong understanding of event-driven microservices architectures and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We are looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on horizontally scalable back-end systems.
- Experience with microservices and event driven architectures.
Strong technical background and good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent system design skills.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Typescript.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Containerized applications
- NoSQL and SQL databases (DynamoDB, Cloud Spanner)
- Google Cloud Platform (GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, LB, VPC)
- Amazon Web Services (Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Route53, CloudFront, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Passion for games and a deep understanding of the games industry is an advantage.
- Working proficiency in English.
>YES / NO
- Oslo Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Employment level
BACK-END SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Loading application form
Already working at PortalOne?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.