UNREAL ENGINE NETWORK DEVELOPER
Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Multiplayer Network Engineer to join our diverse and growing development team. As the Multiplayer Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the network infrastructure and systems that enable multiplayer games to function properly across multiple platforms, including mobile. You will collaborate with game developers and other stakeholders to ensure that the network infrastructure and systems are reliable, scalable, and efficient.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, from building and maintaining servers to implementing gameplay mechanics for multiplayer. Here’s what you can expect on a day-to-day basis:
- Designing and implementing the network infrastructure and systems for multiplayer games.
- Building and maintaining dedicated servers, and game features with cross platform multiplayer support.
- Collaborating with game developers and other stakeholders to ensure that the network infrastructure and systems meet the needs of the organization.
- Continuously improving the network infrastructure and systems to ensure maximum reliability, scalability, and efficiency.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting issues with the network infrastructure and systems, and take corrective action as needed.
WHO YOU ARE
If you're a problem-solver with a strong understanding of the principles of game development and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in games development, with a focus on multiplayer network infrastructure and systems.
- Strong understanding of the principles of game development and multiplayer games.
- Experience with implementing and optimizing multiplayer functionality and dedicated servers.
- Proficiency with C++ and Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of network protocols.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Passion for multiplayer games and a deep understanding of the games industry.
Working proficiency in English.
>YES / NO
- Oslo Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
- Employment level
UNREAL ENGINE NETWORK DEVELOPER
Loading application form
Already working at PortalOne?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.