Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
You will be an Unreal Engine Developer working on a lean and powerful team of talented and motivated specialists. You will be in charge of prototyping, developing and implementing features in our games, as well as maintaining and updating them after launch.
Take on the challenge of developing and implementing cutting-edge experiences that captivate our players by:
- Developing new features using Unreal Engine 5 (both Blueprints and C++).
- Writing clean code (optimized, scalable, well-documented).
- Helping other colleagues and working together with them to solve technical challenges to achieve the best results.
Note: Our product is an always-online cross-platform game, for mobile, VR, and PC, that combines real-time gameplay with live shows streamed directly inside the game. The product is based on Unreal Engine 5. Some of the back-end platforms we use are AWS (Amazon Web Services) and PlayFab.
WHO YOU ARE
Bring your expertise in Unreal Engine development to the table. If you meet the criteria below, we'd love to hear from you:
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent professional experience working with Unreal Engine 4/5.
- Vast knowledge and work experience in C++.
- Recent professional experience in development of mobile applications with constant back-end communication.
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form).
- Experience in Tool Development and CI/CD pipelines is an asset.
- Experience with video streaming technologies is an advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, able to work well with cross-functional teams.
>YES / NO