UNREAL ENGINE CINEMATIC ARTIST
Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
We are seeking a skilled Cinematic Artist to join our studio team and bring our hybrid games to life. Your creativity and technical expertise in Unreal Engine will play a critical role in creating stunning camera movements and engaging cinematics. You are comfortable creating sequences with high fidelity and have an excellent eye for detail. This role will also involve capturing gameplay footage and collaborating with editors and other teams.
We are seeking a talented Cinematic Artist who can tackle the challenge of designing visually stunning cinematics and capturing dynamic camera movements to enhance our storytelling by:
- Working closely with Head-of-Video to design dynamic and engaging camera movements that can be used to enhance the visual storytelling of our shows, making it immersive and impactful for the audience.
- Enhancing our virtual environments and gameplay for creating visually stunning cinematics.
- Setting up cinematic scenes from start to finish, including previs, character setup and animation, prop dressing, lighting, and post-production.
- Creating visual and impactful cinematics for promos and trailers.
- Capturing gameplay footage with a focus on shot composition, blocking, and camera workflows.
- Self-producing and directing when necessary, as well as supporting other editors and capture artists in a collaborative environment.
WHO YOU ARE
If you have a passion for creating visually stunning camera movements and cinematics in Unreal Engine, a strong portfolio showcasing your skills, and meet the criteria listed below, we would love to hear from you!
- 5 years of experience as a cinematic artist in the video game industry.
- Strong proficiency with Unreal Engine and sequencer.
- Strong knowledge of animation principles.
- Experience with blueprints.
- Excellent visual storytelling and creative problem-solving
- Ability to adapt creatively when the scope is adjusted
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with virtual studio productions
- Knowledge of Blender/Maya or other 3d authoring tools
- Experience with Virtual Production
- Experience with Niagara systems and VFX
>YES / NO
- Studio & Production
- Oslo Office
- Employment type
- Employment level
UNREAL ENGINE CINEMATIC ARTIST
Loading application form
Already working at PortalOne?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.