Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the best of gaming and live TV to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experience from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, will enable us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realise the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that your work will have a direct impact on our products, significantly influencing our mission to unlock the potential of hybrid games.
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
As a Game Designer, you will be at the forefront of innovation, responsible for proposing new types and formats of games, collaborating with brands and intellectual properties, and shaping the direction of our game portfolio. Your creative vision, strategic thinking, and knowledge of market trends will drive the exploration and selection of exciting new opportunities for PortalOne.
Take on the challenge of proposing and shaping new game types, formats, and collaborations by:
- Researching and analyzing market trends, player preferences, and emerging technologies to identify new opportunities for game concepts and formats.
- Designing creative game concepts and prototypes, considering the unique possibilities of hybrid games and the target audience.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including other game designers, artists, engineers, and producers, to refine and develop game ideas into compelling proposals.
- Translating proposals for new games into high level design documents for new games, including feature specifications, level designs, and game flowcharts.
- Evaluating and recommending potential collaborations with brands and intellectual properties that align with our vision and target audience.
- Creating pitch materials and presentations to effectively communicate and advocate for new game ideas and collaborations.
- Conducting market research and competitive analysis to understand the landscape and inform strategic decision-making.
- Working closely with licensing teams and legal advisors to ensure compliance and secure necessary partnerships and licenses.
- Contributing to the overall game design process by providing insights and feedback on existing projects and collaborating with other game designers.
- Collaborating with the broader game design team to iterate on improve gameplay systems, difficulty curves, and player progression to provide a satisfying and enjoyable gameplay experience.
- Collaborating with the production team to define and meet project milestones and deadlines.
WHO YOU ARE
Bring your passion for game design and creative thinking to the table. If you meet the criteria below, we’d love to hear from you!
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Game Designer or in a related role, with a proven track record of proposing and developing successful game concepts.
- Strong sense of key components that drive early, mid, and late game retention and other core KPIs.
- Deep knowledge of metagame systems and best practices in Mobile games
- Experienced at using data, analytics, and other forms of validation to inform game and systems tuning.
- Deep understanding of game design principles, mechanics, and player psychology.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to identify market opportunities and trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate and sell new game ideas and collaborations.
- Collaborative mindset, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Passion for gaming and a keen eye for innovative and engaging gameplay experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in social systems, meta-game systems, and/or monetization.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working on a multi-platform game.
>YES / NO